Everyone is doing the “thirty days of thankfulness” thing. I didn’t jump on board because I didn’t want to just follow the trend. I’ve been thinking a lot about what I’m thankful for. I have a ton to be thankful for – a great family, amazing job, a phenomenal church I absolutely love, perfect friends… and the more I think about all of this, the more I realize that most of what I’m thankful for is people. I feel like if I lost everything I had right now, my life could still be great because of the people in it.
So here goes a list of people I’m thankful for. It isn’t exhaustive. It’s not in any particular order. This is simply the first 30 people that come to mind. Please don’t think if you’re not on the list that I’m not thankful for you – I honestly could go on for years about the amazing people in my life. These 30 are mostly ones I deal with daily or very often, and I’m blessed to do so.
1. This goes to two people – my parents. No, they’re not perfect. For the most part, they try really hard. I’m very thankful for good parents who I have a good relationship with. So many of my friends are jealous of our relationship, and I definitely understand why.
2. Katelin. She understands me better than most and always cares. Always. And she brought Will into this world. And he’s the best.
3. Jennifer – She just lost her grandfather and is going through a tough time there. We have been close for years – she’s the only person I can not talk to for 2 months and pick up the phone right where we left off. She may be the funniest person I know. Love her.
4. Steven (Thteven) – my baby brother. Tho many people don’t have good relationthips with their thiblingth… Ok, I’ll stop. So many people don’t have good relationships with their siblings. Steve and I have always gotten along well and have been hanging out more recently. I really like that. He’s a cool kid.
5. Kelly… she’s great for Steven and so sweet! She is one of the most kind-hearted people I know and I’m glad she’s a part of our family.
6. Sara – even though we haven’t been close for long, we are definitely kindred spirits. I really enjoy all the time we spend together – even though we work entirely too much.
7. J Parker – I am so glad J & Allison are at NLC. I am the happiest and most fulfilled I’ve ever been in church, and a good portion of it is because of J’s friendship and leadership. He’s great even though he forgot our anniversary. 🙁
8. Judi – so many people work tirelessly to make the Humane Society “tick.” Judi puts in countless hours and has a heart for animals that few can match – and she’s willing to do the hard work. Tons of respect for her.
9. Bobby & Angela – I am so blessed to work with good people. Love my job.
10. Cassandra – oh my gosh. Cassandra is #1 on the list. I can leave on vacation knowing that she’ll hold the fort down. She’s efficient. She’s awesome. Wouldn’t trade her for anything.
11. Brad Goodnight – he is seriously one of the most encouraging people I know.
12. Patti Stobaugh – I am very lucky to have many clients that are also friends. Patti is on the top of this list – rather I need advice, a place to vent, or sugary goodness, she’s there. 🙂
13. Ally Brasko – I am so proud of Ally, and can’t wait to continue watching her grow. When I started at NLC, I immediately started praying for people like Ally – and she’s been everything I’d hoped for. I’ll probably never stop pushing her.
14. Don & Christine Riley – they have really become family, as well as my home-remodel gurus. Even if they never helped with another project again, they’d still be some of my favorite people in the world.
15. Lauren Erion – I’ve said it 1,000 times, but Lauren rocks. She’s my accountant and saves me a ton of money – but even more than that, she’s become a trusted friend and advisor. SO glad to have found her!
16. Dusty & Hannah Reeves – even though we don’t get to spend a lot of time together, the Reeves are some of my favorite people. I love their heart for God & His people.
17. Rick & Michelle Bezet – enough said… The vision of NLC is so clearly evident in everything they do. Legacy achieved.
18. Neil & Gina Greathouse – thanks for setting the stage for our creative team to succeed. We do because of the investment you make.
19. Izzy – I know she’s not a person – but only just barely. The unconditional love that comes from a companion animal is something everyone should have. To always be the highlight of someone’s day… it’s the most uplifting thing ever.
20. Brandon Shatswell – again. Encouraging. FIERCELY talented. And a great guy.
21. Debbie Floyd – our new volunteer coordinator at HSFC. She’s doing a bang-up job with something I’m very passionate about. She’s executing better than I could myself, and we’re going to be much stronger because of it.
22. Richard – one of my closest friends over the past few years and a great roommate (most of the time ;-)). I still dont want to share a bathroom. Never will.
23. Sam – he has pretty hair. He’ll always be my car shopping buddy and someone I always have a good time with.
24. Tesa – even though we don’t see each other often anymore, we always have each other. One of the people I know will always pray for me. It means the world.
25. Col – even though we haven’t met in person, Col has listened to me rant and dreamt of travel with me many times. My “friend across the pond.” 🙂
26. Cotton Rohrscheib – we don’t see each other super often these days, but do a lot for each other’s businesses and always have a blast. Cotton, Donna, & Spencer are like family. I wish we had more time together!
27. Phil Wickham – even though we may not be personal friends, he writes my heart better than I could myself.
28. BarCamp Conway Team – not that these guys don’t each deserve their own space, but we have a lot of fun together, and I feel like we get a lot done. They rock.
29. Nathan Pruzaniec– I don’t think any of us can talk Nathan up enough. He’s a magician and a workhorse. Talented and selfless. I wish I was more like him!
30. Finally, Rachel Halford. I miss Rachel. We don’t hang out enough. She’s still a great friend and someone I wish I saw more. 🙂
Again, this isn’t an exhaustive list, or in order of importance. I just have so much to be thankful for… and I’m blessed to know each of you. Thanks for being a part of my life!
“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances:
if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
“I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships so will our healing, and I know that grace
rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside.”
-Paul Young, “The Shack”